5 days in Buenos Aires, Argentina
My brother and I just returned from a wonderful exploration/relaxation trip to Buenos Aires and we had a great time! There’s so much that occurred on this trip that I will have to break it down into a couple of blog posts by activity, but I just wanted to write a quick trip summary.
We split time between two hotels while there. I wanted to check out both of the main Starwood properties, the Sheraton Buenos Aires and the Park Tower. The hotels are actually connected and are located in the center of the city, right in the Puerto Madero/Recoleta area and close to Plaza San Martín. The Sheraton normally goes for around $220/night and the Park Tower approximately $300/night, both for standard rooms. Luckily, I was able to lock in my reservations on cash & points and before the cash & point price readjustment, so I paid for the Sheraton at a rate of 4,000 points + $60/night and the Park Tower at a rate of 4,800 points + $90/night. I used my SPG suite night awards to upgrade to suites for all nights, so that was an added bonus.
I shall write more on specific activities at a later date in separate blog posts, but here is a summary of things we did:
– Tango lessons, dinner and show at Sabor a Tango
– Horseback riding and Gaucho shows at Don Silvano ranch
– A visit to Boca Juniors stadium in La Boca Barrio where we paid homage to one of our childhood heroes, Argentinean football (soccer) legend Diego Maradona
– Cooking class and steak dinner at The Argentine Experience
– Argentina Fashion Week (where I was mistaken for a high powered fashion editor from NY
And other fun activities!
We had a very fun time! I look forward to writing about it in greater detail
Have you been to Buenos Aires? How was your experience?
Pingback: 30% off buy miles deals with United and American (and a short write-up on when to buy miles)